Join fine art photographer Jennifer McClure for an online course exploring the concept and use of memories in photography from March 3rd -31st.
This class will explore several different types of photographs and projects that involve memory—those that are based on memory, those that re-frame memory using family/historical photos, those that preserve or memorialize, and those that document or interpret the loss of memory. We will look at historical and contemporary examples of each of these.
- Generating ideas for projects
- Mining memory for concrete ideas
- Using archival photos in new ways
- Finding the composition and utilizing light to convey an emotion
- Translating abstract concepts into physical photographs
- Finding a narrative thread through the editing process
- Learning how to manage long term projects
Memory Play Workshop
- 03/03/2021 - 03/31/2021