Make visual stories through inspiration found from the sights, sounds and people of all five boroughs of New York City with documentary photographers, Danny Wilcox Frazier and Joseph Michael Lopez, from October 24-27, 2019.
Participants will explore the process by discovering the essence of a place, person or event through the process of photographic documentation. Special attention will be made and techniques shared, to help you move beyond the cliché image, and instead, teach you how to infuse emotion in a single frame. Ultimately, our goal is to help you build a collection of images, that once edited and sequenced, present an effective visual series or story.
- Finding, researching and developing a visual story
- Context, Editing and Storytelling structure
- Picture Story vs. Photo Essay
- Composing the connection between people and their environment
- Finding a personal connection to people and places
- Workflow and editing techniques for the traveling photographer
For more information or to register, visit the Leica Akademie USA here.
City Stories: New York with Danny Wilcox Frazier & Joseph Michael Lopez
- 10/24/2019 - 10/27/2019
- New York City