Join the Leica Akademie and American West Photographer Michael Phaling for an all-inclusive journey through the desert high country of Taos, New Mexico from May 28 - June 1, 2018. From the architecture to the people, the open skies and desert landscape of Taos is a place that will both reward and challenge any photographer.
This journey will take you up and down the High and Low Roads to Santa Fe while exploring the churches and pueblos throughout the rolling mesa of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, the Rio Grande Gorge and the White Cliffs near Georgia O’keef’s home. Taos, New Mexico is a photographers and artists paradise. A place to be still, to feel, and observe at a slow pace while basking in the colorful landscape.
- Taos Pueblo
- San Francisco Assisi Mission Church
- Chimayo the San Jose Garcia Church in Truchas
- Georgia O’Keefe’s Ghost Ranch
- Light, Form, Color, Composition
- Exposure Control, Dynamic Range, White Balance
- Black and White Conversions
- Seeing as the camera sees
- Strategies for editing and processing in Lightroom
- Fine Art Printmaking
- Finding your own creative path
Photographers of all experience levels are welcome to join. Limited to 10 participants. The workshop is $2,599.
Spouse or partner rate available. For more information or to register, click here.
Leica in the Landscape: Taos, New Mexico
- 05/28/2018 - 06/01/2018