Visit southern Utah’s Zion National Park, and experience one of North America’s most dramatic desert landscapes with Leica and America West photographer Michael Phaling on October 15-19, 2018.
Covering 299 square miles of the Colorado Plateau, Zion National Park is an awe-inspiring landscape dominated by the 2000 foot multicolored sandstone cliffs of Zion Canyon, Checkerboard Mesa’s, a meandering Virgin River, Aspen forests, and hidden canyons. November offers smaller crowds, and autumn’s waning golden light washes the brilliant cliffs from sunrise to sundown against a backdrop of brilliant blue skies.
Topics Covered include:
- Light, form, color, composition
- Exposure control, dynamic range, white balance
- Black and white conversions
- Seeing as the camera sees
- Strategies for editing and processing in Lightroom
- Finding your own creative path
For more information or to register, visit Leica Akademies USA here.
Leica in the Landscape: Zion National Park
- 10/15/2018 - 10/19/2018