Join Leica Akademie with Joseph Michael Lopez and Gus Powell to experience the wonders of street photography in New York City from September 28 - 30, 2018. In this three day workshop, two uniquely expressive and poetic practitioners of contemporary street photography will come together to agree and disagree about “taking” and “making” pictures, “hunting” and “gathering”, visual communication and poetic storytelling, and other topics to emphasize both shooting and editing.
This contrasting combination of instructors provides the rare opportunity to observe and learn from two very distinct photographers. Participants will be able to benefit from different approaches to making images, while at the same time, exploring and receiving feedback on ways to work in public spaces.
Topics covered include:
- Making photographs vs. those that happen spontaneously
- Content vs. form
- How to discover pictures, anywhere.
- Approaches to photographing people in public
- Developing awareness and anticipation.
- Judging when and where to be as events unfold around you.
- The process of discovering a “style”
For more information or to register, visit Leica Akademie USA here.
Street Photography Weekend: Joseph Michael Lopez & Gus Powell
- 09/28/2018 - 09/30/2018
- New York City