Join the Leica Akademie and renowned photojournalist Peter Turnley for an exciting Master Class Weekend in Seattle.
Turnley will lead participants through a very exciting weekend of visual presentation, lecture, discussion as well as a day of hands- on shooting sessions. The weekend will kick off with a presentation and reception of Turnley’s life’s work from over 90 countries around the world.
Aside from his career in photography, Peter Turnley has vast experience teaching workshops and will discuss and give participants important tips on how to overcome timidity and anxiety photographing people. Time will be devoted to a discussion of camera technique that is at the service of making the most spontaneous photographs possible in daily life situations.
- Public Lecture with VIP seating and book signing.
- Opening night lecture, meet and greet and two days of hands-on learning and inspiration.
- A hands-on shooting session with Peter Turnley.
- Review of images shot over the weekend.
- Group lunch at the Leica Store on the final day.
- Access to the full line of Leica cameras and lenses throughout the weekend.
Who should take this workshop?
This is not a technically focused workshop. Students are expected to have a good understanding of the operation of their cameras. Owning a Leica is not required. A selection of Leica cameras will be available to use throughout the weekend. Attendance is strictly limited to 12 participants.
October 13th at 7PM | Lecture
October 14th at 9AM-5PM | Shooting sessions throughout Seattle
October 15th | Editing and portfolio critiques
Register for Turnley's class here.
Peter Turnley's Masterclass Workshop
- 10/13/2017 - 10/15/2017