202007/16/2020 The new Leica M10-R: Leica Camera presents the 40-megapixel variant of its legendary rangefinder camera With the new Leica M10-R, Leica Camera AG introduces a high-resolution variant of the company’s legendary rangefinder camera. The M10-R’s newly developed sensor offers a resolution of over 40 megapixels, which represents a considerable increase compared to the M10. As a result, the M10-R delivers a significantly enhanced rendition of details. The new sensor of the M10-R opens up a host of possibilities that are unprecedented within M photography.
- 07/15/2020 The shortlist candidates for the Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2020 have been chosen The twelve finalists in the main category and six newcomers for the internationally renowned Leica Oskar Barnack Award photo competition, that will be granted this year for the 40th time, are set. All the shortlisted picture series are available to see online at: www.leica-oskar-barnack-award.com.
- 06/19/2020 Leica SL2 Firmware Update 2.0: Mulitshot-Mode and further improvements Leica Camera AG has released the latest firmware update for the Leica SL2. In addition to minor improvements in the graphical interface of the video menu, a more convenient control of the AF field size and a new naming routine of SD cards after the in-camera formatting, the Multishot mode that is now available stands out.
- 06/17/2020 360,000 euros (incl. buyer’s premium) have been paid for a Leica M2 Grey Paint ‘Betriebskamera’ at the 36th Leitz Photographica Auction The renowned auction house, Leitz Photographica Auction in Vienna, has held its 36th camera auction – once again yielding a number of remarkable results. Among the many highlights sold on June 13, 2020 was a Leica M2 Grey Paint ‘Betriebskamera’ (factory model), which achieved a bid price of 360,000 euros incl. buyer’s premium. In 1960, Leitz manufactured twenty grey-painted M2 cameras for the US Air Force in Germany. This makes the grey M2 one of the rarest serially produced Leica models in history. At present, only around ten cameras from this series are known to exist. The auctioned camera is a Leica M2 Grey Paint ‘Betriebskamera’ – a pre-production sample of the grey paint M2.
- 06/16/2020 Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2020: This year’s international jury has been designated We are delighted to inform that a top-level, international jury will soon be adjudicating submissions to the 40th edition of the Leica Oskar Barnack Award. The jury includes, among others, the renowned photographer Joel Meyerowitz and the publisher Klaus Kehrer. A short list has already been put together from among the large group of this year’s contenders, nominated by 65 international experts from the photography community. In October the winners of the LOBA and the Newcomer Award will be announced.
- 06/10/2020 Leica Ettas Bag: Sporty camera bag for optimal protection With the new Ettas camera bag, Leica Camera AG presents yet another accessory suitable for numerous Leica models. The universal shoulder bag is available in two color combinations: red-and-black, or khaki-and-black. A specialist coating on the robust canvas fabric, along with a rubberized zipper, provides optimal splash protection. The compact bag is suitable for the Leica V-Lux, the Leica Q2, or the system cameras CL, TL2 and M with a mounted lens of up to 90mm focal length.
- 06/04/2020 LEICA D-LUX 7 black: a new colour version of the high-performance compact camera Leica Camera AG presents a new colour version of the Leica D-Lux 7 compact camera. The new Leica D-Lux 7 black, with a discreet black body and lens, will be available from June 4, 2020. The classic look of the compact camera makes it the perfect companion for any occasion, capturing unique moments in stunning image quality.
- 05/18/2020 The personal Leica M2 Black Paint of the famous photographer Walker Evans is going to be auctioned The 36th camera auction, with over 400 lots from the renowned auction house "Leitz Photographica Auction" means we can once again look forward to fierce bidding for numerous important pieces and special collector's items. Many of the items coming up for sale are, as always, from the house of Leitz/Leica.
- 03/06/2020 Leica S3: Leica Camera delivers the latest model of the Leica S medium format system to retailers Today Leica Camera delivers the latest model of its medium format system to retailers worldwide – having previously announced the development of the Leica S3 at photokina 2018. The outstanding excellence of the Leica S and its lenses is rooted in a well thought-out system in which every component represents an integral element of the recording process. With the market release of the Leica S3 on March 6, 2020, Leica Camera once again lives up to the ambitious quality standards the company’s customers have come to expect.
- 03/06/2020 Leica Amplus 6 riflescope Leica Sport Optics (Wetzlar) is presenting a newly developed riflescope series: Leica Amplus 6. The premium riflescope with 6x zoom and reticle illumination in a 30mm design. Amplus combines high quality optical performance in a feature rich and robust construction for everyday all-around use.