201911/26/2019 Leitz Photographica Auction: 1.02 million euros - collector pays record sum for a Leica MP black paint The now 35th camera auction held by the auction house Leitz Photographica Auction in Vienna registered numerous top auction results. The ‘magic’ price barrier of one million euros was broken again at the auction on 23 November 2019: With a price of 1,020,000 euros incl. buyer’s premium, the absolute highlight of the auction was a Leica MP black paint No. 2. The Leica MP No. 2 is the second Leica MP ever built and the first to be finished in black paint.
- 11/22/2019 The versatile Leica SOFORT instant picture camera is now also available in red Leica Camera AG presents the Leica SOFORT in an exciting new colour option: the Leica SOFORT Red. From today, the instant picture camera created by the Leica Design Team is also available in red. The versatile features and creative opportunities offered by the Leica SOFORT let users instantaneously create truly haptic works of art. A camera that impresses not only with exciting design, but also lets its users capture and hold unique moments in their hands within only a few seconds.
- 11/21/2019 Leica FOTOS 2.0: Seamless. Instant. Everywhere. With the release of the latest version of Leica FOTOS, Leica photographers can integrate their daily workflow even more effectively into their mobile iOS or Android devices. The handling of the app is highly intuitive, very convenient and fast – from connecting to the camera via WLAN or Bluetooth® (if available), capturing images and transferring files, to mobile digital postprocessing and sharing the finished results in social media. In direct comparison with the previous version, the loading speed until the gallery is displayed and the data transfer rate when downloading images have been doubled and the stability of the connection between the devices has been significantly improved.
- 11/18/2019 Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246) ‘Leitz Wetzlar': Leica Camera celebrates the 150th anniversary of the company name Ernst Leitz Wetzlar The year 1869 is a significant milestone in the history of Leica Camera AG. It was the year in which Ernst Leitz I became the sole owner and managing director of the former ‘Optische Institut’ in Wetzlar and gave the company the name that was to become a legend: ‘Ernst Leitz Wetzlar’. Leica Camera AG is celebrating the 150th anniversary of this occasion with a limited edition of only 150 examples of the Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246) black-and-white 35 mm digital camera featuring the extremely popular ‘Leitz Wetzlar’ engraving on the top plate.
- 11/15/2019 Return of the iconic glass Leica Sport Optics (Wetzlar, Germany) is relaunching an observation classic: the Leica Trinovid. The new Trinovid binoculars from Leica pay tribute to the iconic glass of the 1960s: Shapely, slim and elegant in a classic binocular design featuring black leather, they are a statement, a timeless accessory and a rugged companion in one.
- 11/14/2019 Leica CL ‘Edition Paul Smith’: Special limited edition of the compact, high-performance Leica system camera Leica Camera AG presents a new special edition of the CL compact system camera. Leica CL ‘Edition Paul Smith’ is now the second special edition created in collaboration with the acclaimed British designer, Paul Smith. The classic black Leica CL has been given a design makeover by Paul Smith and now appears in a colourful and striped look. With its rich accent colours and unique styling elements, the eye-catching special edition is a must-have for connoisseurs of unique objects.
- 11/06/2019 A New Icon: Leica Camera Announces the New Leica SL2, Successor to the Trailblazing Leica SL Building on the foundation established in 2015 with the visionary Leica SL-System, Leica Camera proudly introduces the Leica SL2, the storied brand’s new icon and next evolutionary step towards building the perfect all-purpose camera. By listening closely to the valued feedback of photographers and existing SL owners, Leica made many efforts to push the envelope of technological innovation and performance while respecting its heritage of design and legacy.
- 10/29/2019 On 23 November, the auction house Leitz Photographica Auction will be holding its camera auction in Vienna and again offering numerous photographic rarities Under the new name ‘Leitz Photographica Auction’ (formerly WestLicht Photographica Auction), the next, and now 35th, Camera Auction will be held in the Hotel Bristol in Vienna on 23 November 2019, starting at 11 a.m. ‘Leitz Photographica Auction’ is one of the world’s leading auction houses for classic and vintage cameras and photographica, and has firmly established itself on the international scene. The highly experienced and successful Viennese auction team works in close collaboration with the globally active and networked company Leica Camera AG, to offer even more potential buyers from around the globe the chance to bid for spectacular collector’s pieces and rarities at exciting auctions.
- 10/17/2019 Walter Vogel has been honoured with the Leica Hall of Fame Award Walter Vogel – his repertoire of subjects is diverse, and his style is unmistakeable. Whether as a chronicler of the social background of the Ruhr Region, a cosmopolitan travel photographer, an avid fan of the circus, a nighthawk of the cabaret and night club scene or a lover of espresso coffee: the experienced eye and perfect precision with which he documents his times in unforgettable images is instantly recognisable. In November, Walter Vogel will be honoured for his lifework and his indefatigable and exceptional engagement as a photographer at the Leica Galerie Wetzlar and will take his place as the next photographer in the Leica Hall of Fame. A selection of his photographs will be on view at the Leica Galerie Wetzlar from 14 November 2019 to 27 January 2020.
- 09/26/2019 Leica Camera AG and Yuneec announce strategic technology partnership Leica Camera AG and Yuneec have today announced their agreement on a strategic technology partnership. This announcement presents the jointly developed ION L1 Pro Camera, which will be marketed with the Typhoon H3 Multicopter from Yuneec. Leica Camera provided support in the specification and development of hardware components and the image processing software. The consequence of this is outstanding image quality, intuitive handling, professional image processing capabilities and iconic Leica design. The joint development of the ION L1 Pro Camera is to be seen only as the first step in the collaboration between Leica Camera and Yuneec.