201711/21/2017 The Leica APS-C System Leica Camera AG has expanded its APS-C System product portfolio. The Leica TL2 has now been joined by the Leica CL, a further camera with a high-resolution, 24 MP, APS-C format sensor. Also new in the system is the Elmarit-TL 1:2.8/18 ASPH. lens. This wide-angle offers imaging performance and compact dimensions that ideally complement both cameras and is available not only in black, but also in a silver anodised version. Thanks to these new additions, the Leica APS-C System now offers a diversified portfolio of cameras and lenses that combine compact design with exceptional picture quality and enable users to experience a truly special kind of photography.
- 11/21/2017 New camera Leica CL expands the Leica APS-C System Leica Camera AG has expanded its APS-C System product portfolio with a new camera that unites innovative technologies, extremely easy handling and iconic design: the Leica CL. Its ideal balance between state-of-the-art technology, mechanical precision and compact construction makes it the perfect everyday companion – especially for spontaneous and discreet pictures.
- 10/26/2017 Leica Q silver: a new colour option for the full-frame compact camera Leica Camera AG presents a version of its high-performance compact camera with the full-frame sensor and fast prime lens: The Leica Q in silver. The new colour version impresses with a combination of black and silver elements. The top plate and the baseplate have been silver anodised and the rear shell has the refined look of classic black paint. The characteristic, high-grip pattern of the black leather trim from the serial production model has been maintained, while the control elements on the top plate of the new version are now in silver. The design concept is complemented by engravings of the feet scale and the focal length numbers on the lens picked out in a shade of red that sets a colourful accent in the classic look of the camera.
- 10/19/2017 Leica Camera AG presents the ‘LimoLand by Jean Pigozzi’ special edition of the Leica SOFORT Leica Camera AG presents the first worldwide special edition of its versatile instant picture camera: the Leica SOFORT ‘LimoLand by Jean Pigozzi’. The outcome of the collaboration with the Franco-Italian photographer, entrepreneur and art collector is a particularly eye-catching, bright and colourful special version of the camera. The visual highlight of the unique look is ‘Mr. Limo’ – the logo of the LimoLand fashion label created by Jean Pigozzi – which adorns the front and back of the white version of the SOFORT camera. As colourful as life itself, the Leica SOFORT ‘LimoLand by Jean Pigozzi’ stands as a new icon for the sheer joy and endless fun of instant photography.
- 10/18/2017 Gianni Berengo Gardin receives the Leica Hall of Fame Award The lifework of Gianni Berengo Gardin, probably the most highly acclaimed Italian photographer of the post-war years, will be honoured with the Leica Hall of Fame Award by Leica Camera AG in Rome on 15 November 2017. A selection of his work will be presented in the major exhibition ‘Grandi Maestri. 100 Anni di Fotografia Leica’ in the Complesso del Vittoriano – Ala Brasini from 16 November 2017 to 18 February 2018.
- 10/17/2017 Leica Camera AG presents a modern renaissance of the classic lens – the Leica Thambar-M 1:2.2/90 A legend reborn: following the Leica Summaron-M 1:5.6/28, Leica Camera AG has further expanded its lens portfolio with the Thambar-M 1:2.2/90, the modern renaissance of another classic lens. Just like its namesake from 1935, the contemporary incarnation of the lens is distinguished by its characteristic soft-focus effect and unmistakeable bokeh. Its focal length of 90 mm is suitable for photography in a multitude of scenarios and is as good as predestined for capturing portraits with a uniquely aesthetic atmosphere that cannot be reproduced in digital postprocessing. The new Thambar-M is thus an exciting addition to the existing Leica M lens portfolio and brings photographers entirely new possibilities for creative composition.
- 10/16/2017 Leica Rangemaster CRF 2700-B Leica Camera AG (Wetzlar) presents the new Leica Rangemaster CRF 2700-B capable of precise measurement of distances up to 2700 yards (2470 meters). The CRF 2700-B also boasts the renowned ballistics system ABC® (Advanced Ballistic Compensation). Thanks to an integrated microSD memory card slot, users can upload their ballistic data to the rangemaster.
- 09/18/2017 Leica Eyecare – Leica Camera AG now enters the market for ophthalmic lenses in a cooperative venture with Novacel Leica Camera AG expands its business activities. From 1 October, the product portfolio of the premium manufacturer from Wetzlar will be adding ophthalmic lenses to its existing portfolio of cameras, lenses and sport optics products. The innovative, high-quality Leica spectacle lenses will be developed in collaboration with Novacel and produced in France. The Leica Eyecare product portfolio will be distributed by Novacel and the lenses will be available from ophthalmic opticians.
- 09/14/2017 Leica Camera AG honours the winners of the Leica Oskar Barnack Award in the course of a formal gala event Yesterday evening, the two photographers, Terje Abusdal and Sergey Melnitchenko, were honoured with the prestigious Leica Oskar Barnack Award (LOBA) and Leica Oskar Barnack Award Newcomer before an audience of around 300 guests in Berlin’s Saint Elisabeth church. The international jury of experts had chosen a total of twelve finalists from the 2,700 portfolios of photographs submitted for the competition. This year, the long-established, international award was presented for the 37th time – the formal gala event was hosted by Till Brönner, the acclaimed jazz trumpeter and an accomplished Leica photographer.
- 09/04/2017 Binoculars icon with modern technology With the Leica Trinovid Leica Sport Optics presents binoculars with modern as well as classic and timeless design. The new Leica Trinovid is available in three colour designs, armorings and magnifications – and it continues the story of the legendary Leitz Trinovid binoculars icon.