202010/15/2020 Leica Camera AG and WhiteWall announce collaboration Leica Camera AG and WhiteWall have announced a collaboration between the two companies. In future, the premium products of the prominent and multi-award winning photo lab will also be available in selected Leica Stores around the world. Leica customers will then be able to enjoy the benefits of the extensive portfolios of both companies and a comprehensive range of premium photographic products and services, from expert advice and services to ready-to-hang final prints, all from a central location.
- 10/07/2020 37th Leitz Photographica Auction: Voigtländer Daguerreotype camera 1840 – One of the most sophisticated constructions from the early days of photography is being sold by auction At the 37th Camera Auction of the renowned auction house "Leitz Photographica Auction" many important specimens of camera history as well as special collector's items are once again being sold by auction. More than 400 lots, as always, a large percentage of the items come from the company Leitz/Leica, mean that exciting bidding wars are to be expected once more.
- 09/29/2020 40 Years of LOBA – The exhibition at the Ernst Leitz Museum Wetzlar The exhibition represents a wonderful opportunity to look back over forty years of Leica Oskar Barnack Awards: touching and evocative stories, exciting rediscoveries and new encounters, with a great variety of perspectives! This exhibition offers a clear testimony to the visual richness of the LOBA winner and newcomer series over four decades, and present photojournalism in all its diversity and constant changes.
Exclusive binocular design: Supreme®/Leica Ultravid 8x20 binocular
For its fall 2020 collection, the US brand Supreme® is presenting for the first time a Leica Camera product in the design typical of the New York brand: the Leica Ultravid 8x20 binoculars.The binoculars, designed exclusively for Supreme®, are fully covered with red rubber armor and bear the Supreme logo on both sides of the housing. The Supreme®/Leica Ultravid 8x20 binoculars were manufactured by Leica in a limited edition of 182 pieces and will be available exclusively at Supreme® sales channels from September 2020 on.
- 09/24/2020 Leica V-Lux 5 Explorer Kit: From today, the ideal camera for travel, sport and outdoor photography is available as a set The Leica V-Lux 5, the universal compact camera for travel, wildlife and sports photography, is on sale in a set with additional accessories. Alongside the camera, this set includes a system bag from the Billingham ‘Hadley’ collection – the ‘Hadley Digital, Imperial Blue Canvas / Tan Leather’. The robust bag is distinguished by its style and functionality. With its cleverly designed features and waterproof materials, it offers optimum protection and ample space for the safe stowage of the camera kit.
- 08/18/2020 Insta360 ONE R 1-Inch Edition ‘co-engineered with Leica’ is available from today in Leica Stores around the world Leica Camera AG and Insta360 announced their strategic partnership in January 2020. The start of the partnership coincided with the launch of Insta360 ONE R, an adaptive action camera that uses a unique interchangeable camera module to combine the creative freedom of 360-degree capture with the precision and resolution of traditional single-lens shooting.
- 07/16/2020 The new Leica M10-R: Leica Camera presents the 40-megapixel variant of its legendary rangefinder camera With the new Leica M10-R, Leica Camera AG introduces a high-resolution variant of the company’s legendary rangefinder camera. The M10-R’s newly developed sensor offers a resolution of over 40 megapixels, which represents a considerable increase compared to the M10. As a result, the M10-R delivers a significantly enhanced rendition of details. The new sensor of the M10-R opens up a host of possibilities that are unprecedented within M photography.
- 07/15/2020 The shortlist candidates for the Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2020 have been chosen The twelve finalists in the main category and six newcomers for the internationally renowned Leica Oskar Barnack Award photo competition, that will be granted this year for the 40th time, are set. All the shortlisted picture series are available to see online at: www.leica-oskar-barnack-award.com.
- 06/19/2020 Leica SL2 Firmware Update 2.0: Mulitshot-Mode and further improvements Leica Camera AG has released the latest firmware update for the Leica SL2. In addition to minor improvements in the graphical interface of the video menu, a more convenient control of the AF field size and a new naming routine of SD cards after the in-camera formatting, the Multishot mode that is now available stands out.
- 06/17/2020 360,000 euros (incl. buyer’s premium) have been paid for a Leica M2 Grey Paint ‘Betriebskamera’ at the 36th Leitz Photographica Auction The renowned auction house, Leitz Photographica Auction in Vienna, has held its 36th camera auction – once again yielding a number of remarkable results. Among the many highlights sold on June 13, 2020 was a Leica M2 Grey Paint ‘Betriebskamera’ (factory model), which achieved a bid price of 360,000 euros incl. buyer’s premium. In 1960, Leitz manufactured twenty grey-painted M2 cameras for the US Air Force in Germany. This makes the grey M2 one of the rarest serially produced Leica models in history. At present, only around ten cameras from this series are known to exist. The auctioned camera is a Leica M2 Grey Paint ‘Betriebskamera’ – a pre-production sample of the grey paint M2.