201705/31/2017 Now available for the Leica SL-System: new Firmware Update 3.0 with extensive improvements for an even better workflow Firmware version 3.0 is now available free of charge for the Leica SL-System. The update significantly reduces the time required for saving RAW data files to SD memory cards. The speed, accuracy and handling of the autofocus system have been considerably improved. The firmware update also includes updates for the Leica Vario-Elmarit–SL 24–90 mm f/2.8–4 ASPH. and the Leica APO-Vario-Elmarit-SL 90–280 mm f/2.8-4. lenses. The range of functions in photo and video modes as been comprehensively expanded. Independent of this new firmware, updates are also available for the Leica Image Shuttle software (Mac; Win), the Adobe®Lightroom® Tethered Plugin (Mac; Win) and the Leica SL App (iOS; Android).
- 05/31/2017 Laura Ferrés receives the ‘Leica Cine Discovery Prize’ awarded by Leica Camera AG and CW Sonderoptic GmbH Leica Camera AG and CW Sonderoptic GmbH are proud to congratulate the winner of the La Semaine de la Critique short film competition and recipient of the Leica Cine Discovery Prize. Laura Ferrés, director of "Los Desheredados”, was awarded the top honors by the jury and will receive the €4000 prize. “Los Desheredados” is a portrait of the director's father facing the end of his family business. Lack of money forces him to drive clients who destroy his vehicle to bachelor parties, but he is not prepared to lose his dignity.
- 05/22/2017 Leica Camera supports Sky Arts’ search for the ‘Master of Photography’ 2017 Following the enormous success of the first season, the new round of the Sky Arts TV talent show ‘Master of Photography’ will be aired from 25 May 2017 on Sky Arte HD in Italy, on Sky Arts in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland and on Sky Arts HD in Germany and Austria. In this second season, Leica Camera AG makes a return appearance as the show’s exclusive technical provider. The aim of this unique international production is to promote all aspects of creative photography on television.
- 05/18/2017 Ninth issue of S Magazine shows the diversity of professional and contemporary Leica photography The expertise and creativity of numerous globally acclaimed photographers has been documented in previous issues of S Magazine. Available from today, the ninth issue of the magazine presents a further, new feature that showcases professional and contemporary Leica photography. For the first time, S Magazine illustrates the enormous diversity of the platform in a lookbook containing 20 high-end portfolios. In the latest issue, acclaimed photographers and up-and-coming new talents reveal their full photographic and creative potential – with no limitations or specified themes. All works and accompanying film material shown were captured with Leica S-System or SL-System cameras and lenses. In-depth interviews and videos can be found on the website www.s-magazine.photography.
- 05/12/2017 Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2017: 2,700 photographers have submitted entries to the prestigious international competition The submission phase for entries for the long-established ‘Leica Oskar Barnack Award’ photographic competition (LOBA) in 2017 has now closed. Now, the international jury of experts is judging the entries received and choosing the twelve finalists in the two categories of the competition, the ‘Leica Oskar Barnack Award’ and the ‘Leica Oskar Barnack Newcomer Award’. This year’s shortlist will be announced on the competition website at www.leica-oskar-barnack-award.com on 20 June 2017.
- 05/05/2017 Leica Trinovid 8x32 HD und Leica Trinovid 10x32 HD Compact, light and rugged – with its new generation of the Trinovid HD family Leica Sport Optics offers ideal and previously unattained viewing quality for outdoor and wildlife enthusiasts. Now the Germany based optics company expands the successful entry-level series with two new binoculars: the Leica Trinovid 8x32 HD and Leica Trinovid 10x32 HD.
- 04/27/2017 Aesthetic sound tools: Leica Camera and Master & Dynamic create premium headphones for the ‘0.95’ brand accessories collection Exceptional imaging performance meets exquisite audio quality: Leica Camera AG has been able to gain Master & Dynamic, the US-American manufacturer of premium headphones and audio accessories, as a partner for the ‘0.95’ brand. With ‘Master & Dynamic for 0.95’, the New York based manufacturer has collaborated with Leica on the creation of a range of three attractive pairs of headphones that fulfill even the highest expectations with regard to audio quality and aesthetic design.
- 04/27/2017 New Leica Magnus non illuminated riflescopes Leica Camera AG is launching three non-illuminated versions of its highly successful range of Magnus riflescopes: Magnus 1.5–10 x 42, Magnus 1.8–12 x 50, and Magnus 2.4–16 x 56. With these non illuminated Magnus riflescopes Leica Sport Optics offers the perfect optical equipment for any day light hunting.
- 04/25/2017 Leica Camera AG returns for the second year as official partner of ‘La Semaine de la Critique’ du Festival de Cannes 2017 This year, Leica Camera AG is returning to its role as Official Partner of ‘La Semaine de la Critique’ du Festival de Cannes for the second time in succession, and will be awarding the ‘Leica Cine Discovery Prize’ together with its affiliate CW Sonderoptic GmbH. The ‘La Semaine de la Critique’ (taking place from 18 to 26 May 2017) focuses on the work of young and innovative filmmakers and is considered to be one of the world’s most influential film festivals.