202001/17/2020 Leica M10 Monochrom: black-and-white photography enters a new dimension of quality Leica Camera AG has taken the next step forward in its successful digital black-and-white photography concept and presents the new Leica M10 Monochrom. With a newly developed 40-megapixel black-and-white sensor, the next camera generation delivers exceptional pictures that achieve an entirely new level of quality in black-and-white photography.
Leica Camera AG and Insta360 Announce Strategic Partnership to Reinvent the Action Cam
Today Leica Camera AG and Insta360 announced a partnership aimed at bringing true innovation and state-of-the-art imaging quality to the action camera and 360-degree camera spaces.
The announcement coincides with the launch of the Insta360 ONE R, an adaptive action camera that uses a unique interchangeable camera module to combine the creative freedom of 360-degree capture with the precision and resolution of traditional single-lens shooting.
201912/19/2019 Leica M10–P ‘White’: the new colour option comes in a set with a Summilux-M 50 mm f/1.4 ASPH. lens Available from today, the Leica M10-P ‘White’ is a new colour option of the iconic Leica rangefinder camera. The all-white design of the current M10-P camera takes its cue from the extremely popular Leica M8 White Edition released in 2009: The top and bottom plates are finished in white paint and are colour matched with the camera’s high-quality, genuine leather trim in white. Silver control elements with engravings picked out in white ideally complement the design concept of the Leica M10-P ‘White’.
LOBA 2020: Leica Camera AG elevates the prestige of the Leica Oskar Barnack Award in honor of its 40th anniversary
In celebration of the 40th anniversary of the respected Leica Oskar Barnack Award, Leica Camera AG further heightens the prestige of the award with a new nomination-based submission process.
In a shift away from the traditional application-based model, the Leica Oskar Barnack Award will consider finalists and ultimately select winners based on nominations from 70 world-renowned photographic experts from over 30 countries. With this nomination process, the honor of being chosen as a finalist is an esteemed accomplishment of its own, as they are recognized and hand-selected by some of the most respected figures impacting the world of photography.
- 12/12/2019 Leica Camera and HODINKEE honor the storied past of a beloved wristwatch with the Leica M10-P “Ghost” Edition Leica Camera has teamed up with HODINKEE, the foremost destination for all things in the world of horology, to debut a stunning new special edition set inspired by the faded bezel of a vintage timepiece owned by HODINKEE founder and CEO Ben Clymer. Limited to just 250 sets worldwide, the Leica M10-P “Ghost” Edition for HODINKEE, which includes a Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH. lens, is a nod to the desirable “ghosted” aesthetic emerged through the natural aging and wear of a wristwatch bezel, creating an equally beautiful new look and feel with a storied past.
- 12/12/2019 Leica Summilux-M 90 mm f/1.5 ASPH.: the new benchmark standard for portrait photography Leica Camera AG has added a new telephoto lens to the portfolio of extremely fast prime lenses for the Leica M-System. The Summilux-M 90 mm f/1.5 ASPH. provides photographers with a whole range of creative opportunities such as portraits with extremely shallow planes of focus – either as precisely isolated subjects or as transitions from perfect sharpness into wonderfully soft, out of focus backgrounds. The optical design of the lens sets new standards and already delivers exceptional performance with the aperture wide open.
- 11/26/2019 Leitz Photographica Auction: 1.02 million euros - collector pays record sum for a Leica MP black paint The now 35th camera auction held by the auction house Leitz Photographica Auction in Vienna registered numerous top auction results. The ‘magic’ price barrier of one million euros was broken again at the auction on 23 November 2019: With a price of 1,020,000 euros incl. buyer’s premium, the absolute highlight of the auction was a Leica MP black paint No. 2. The Leica MP No. 2 is the second Leica MP ever built and the first to be finished in black paint.
- 11/22/2019 The versatile Leica SOFORT instant picture camera is now also available in red Leica Camera AG presents the Leica SOFORT in an exciting new colour option: the Leica SOFORT Red. From today, the instant picture camera created by the Leica Design Team is also available in red. The versatile features and creative opportunities offered by the Leica SOFORT let users instantaneously create truly haptic works of art. A camera that impresses not only with exciting design, but also lets its users capture and hold unique moments in their hands within only a few seconds.
- 11/21/2019 Leica FOTOS 2.0: Seamless. Instant. Everywhere. With the release of the latest version of Leica FOTOS, Leica photographers can integrate their daily workflow even more effectively into their mobile iOS or Android devices. The handling of the app is highly intuitive, very convenient and fast – from connecting to the camera via WLAN or Bluetooth® (if available), capturing images and transferring files, to mobile digital postprocessing and sharing the finished results in social media. In direct comparison with the previous version, the loading speed until the gallery is displayed and the data transfer rate when downloading images have been doubled and the stability of the connection between the devices has been significantly improved.
- 11/18/2019 Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246) ‘Leitz Wetzlar': Leica Camera celebrates the 150th anniversary of the company name Ernst Leitz Wetzlar The year 1869 is a significant milestone in the history of Leica Camera AG. It was the year in which Ernst Leitz I became the sole owner and managing director of the former ‘Optische Institut’ in Wetzlar and gave the company the name that was to become a legend: ‘Ernst Leitz Wetzlar’. Leica Camera AG is celebrating the 150th anniversary of this occasion with a limited edition of only 150 examples of the Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246) black-and-white 35 mm digital camera featuring the extremely popular ‘Leitz Wetzlar’ engraving on the top plate.