201906/11/2019 ‘Leitz Photographica Auction’ at the Leitz-Park in Wetzlar: winning bid of over 1 million euros for a Leica MP-2 Under the new name ‘Leitz Photographica Auction’ (formerly ‘WestLicht Photographica Auction’), the now 34th in the series of camera auctions, which took place in the Leica Welt in the Leitz Park in Wetzlar, registered numerous top auction results. The 1 million euro mark was topped again at the auction on 8 June: Eventually sold for 1,020,000 euros incl. buyer’s premium, a Leica MP-2 was the absolute highlight of the auction.
- 05/24/2019 Leica Camera AG begrüßte „Drifter“ aus aller Welt im Leitz-Park in Wetzlar Zur Eröffnung der Ausstellung „Drifter“ von Lenny Kravitz und zum Launch der limitierten Sonderedition Leica M Monochrom "Drifter" by Kravitz Design war der Leitz-Park der Leica Camera AG gestern Treffpunkt für Globetrotter aus aller Welt. Mehr als 100 internationale Fotografen, Journalisten und Blogger hatten sich in der Leica Galerie Wetzlar im Leitz-Park eingefunden, um der Präsentation von bislang unveröffentlichten Aufnahmen und der Vorstellung einer Kamera-Sonderedition in Anwesenheit von Lenny Kravitz beizuwohnen. Unter den Gästen befanden sich auch prominente Kosmopoliten - Musiker, Schauspieler und Künstler aus der ganzen Welt - die sich als Weltreisende perfekt in die „Drifter“-Community einfügten.
- 05/23/2019 Leica Camera AG presents the Leica M Monochrom ‘Drifter’, a limited special edition by Kravitz Design With the Leica M Monochrom ‘Drifter’ by Kravitz Design, Leica Camera AG presents the second special edition created in collaboration with the musician, designer and photographer Lenny Kravitz. Kravitz already worked with Leica on the design of the special edition of the M-P (Typ 240), which was launched in 2015. While the ‘Correspondent’ paid homage to his father, a war correspondent who brought home a battered Leica from his missions in Vietnam, the Leica M Monochrom ‘Drifter’ reflects the present day and the lifestyle of a cosmopolitan artist who travels the world and captures his experiences along the way in creative and impressive black-and-white photographs.
- 05/23/2019 ‘Drifter’ – a unique exhibition of works by Lenny Kravitz He is a man of many talents: a legendary musician for decades; and a successful actor and designer. Photography has also been a part of his creative personality for a long time. On 24 May 2019, the Leica Galerie Wetzlar will be opening ‘Drifter’, an exhibition of previously unpublished photographs by Lenny Kravitz.
- 05/17/2019 Limited special edition for the 100th anniversary: The Leica CL ‘100 jahre bauhaus’ Leica Camera AG celebrates the 100th anniversary of the Bauhaus with a special edition of the Leica CL ‘100 jahre bauhaus’. The set comprises a silver version of the Leica CL, a matching Elmarit-TL 18 mm f/2.8 ASPH. lens in silver and a carrying strap. The leather trim of the camera and the carrying strap are embossed with the Bauhaus logotype.
- 05/13/2019 Leica celebrates iconic photographer Ralph Gibson at Photo London 2019 For the fourth year running, Leica camera has been selected as an Official Partner of Photo London. This year, Leica honours American art photographer and long-time Leica devotee Ralph Gibson with exclusive exhibitions, talks and events. Leica’s exhibition at Photo London will hold prime positioning at the international photography fair, located at the main (northside) entrance of the courtyard pavilion at Somerset House.
- 04/17/2019 Leitz Photographica Auction at the Leitz-Park in Wetzlar Since its renaming to ‘Leitz Photographica Auction’, the latest, and now 34th in the series of camera auctions previously organised by ‘WestLicht Photographica Auction’, will be taking place from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on 8 June 2019 in the World of Leica in the Leitz-Park in Wetzlar. Registered bidders and visitors with a passion for photographica can look forward to finding a multitude of exclusive collector’s pieces manufactured by Leitz/Leica. To accompany the auction, the World of Leica Experience in Leitz-Park is currently showing a temporary exhibition on the subject of ‘Auctions’.
- 03/08/2019 Leica Fortis 6 Leica Sport Optics (Wetzlar, Germany) presents a new riflescope with 6x zoom at IWA OutdoorClassics 2019. The Leica Fortis 6 combines a sleek design with the highest optical imaging performance. Outstanding detail recognition, a wide field of view, and unique contrast deliver exceptional viewing comfort – from dawn to dusk.
- 03/07/2019 Leica Q2: The new generation of the compact camera with a full-frame sensor and a fast prime lens Leica Camera AG presents the Leica Q2 – the next-generation model of the Leica Q line of cameras. With a newly developed full-frame sensor, a fast Leica Summilux 28 mm f/1.7 ASPH. prime lens, fast autofocus and innovative OLED EVF viewfinder technology, the new model carries the performance attributes and timelessly elegant design of its predecessor into the next generation and offers a range of new features and functions. It is the only camera in its class with protective sealing against dust and water spray and is ideally equipped for shooting in all weather conditions.
- 02/28/2019 New prime lens for the Leica SL-System The launch of the APO-Summicron-SL 35 mm f/2 ASPH. lens marks a further addition to the portfolio of high-performance lenses for the Leica SL-System. Innovative production methods and new technologies paired with exceptional imaging performance make the latest lens of the Summicron-SL series the new reference among reportage focal lengths. Thanks to the L-Mount standard used for this lens, the APO-Summicron-SL 35 mm f/2 ASPH. is also fully compatible with cameras manufactured by other partners of the L-Mount Alliance with the lens mount developed by Leica.