202001/21/2020 NEW: Leica Geovid 3200.COM For the 2020 ShotShow, Leica Sport Optics (Wetzlar, Germany) presents a completely redesigned Leica Geovid full of innovations: the Leica Geovid 3200.COM. For the first time, the new Geovid models enable rangefinding up to 3,200 yards (2,900 meters) and, in combination with the specially designed Leica Hunting App, convenient input of individual ballistic settings – via smartphone.
- 01/21/2020 Leica Rangemaster CRF 3500.COM With the new Leica Rangemaster CRF 3500.COM, Leica Sport Optics (Wetzlar, Germany) presents a rangefinder with unparalleled performance up to 3,500 yards (3,200 meters). The Rangemaster CRF 3500.COM is also the first model to feature a powerful class 3R laser. In combination with the specially designed Leica Hunting App and integrated Bluetooth connection, the new Leica Rangemaster offers superior rangefinding and precision as well as intuitive operation.
- 01/21/2020 NEW: Leica PRS 5-30x56i riflescope With the new Leica PRS 5-30x56i, Leica Sport Optics (Wetzlar, Germany) presents a top-class riflescope for long-range sport shooting – in a perfect design. Its magnification range of 5x to 30x offers a wide array of uses – from long-range target shooting to competitions over extreme distances and under the most difficult conditions.
- 01/17/2020 Leica M10 Monochrom: black-and-white photography enters a new dimension of quality Leica Camera AG has taken the next step forward in its successful digital black-and-white photography concept and presents the new Leica M10 Monochrom. With a newly developed 40-megapixel black-and-white sensor, the next camera generation delivers exceptional pictures that achieve an entirely new level of quality in black-and-white photography.
Leica Camera AG and Insta360 Announce Strategic Partnership to Reinvent the Action Cam
Today Leica Camera AG and Insta360 announced a partnership aimed at bringing true innovation and state-of-the-art imaging quality to the action camera and 360-degree camera spaces.
The announcement coincides with the launch of the Insta360 ONE R, an adaptive action camera that uses a unique interchangeable camera module to combine the creative freedom of 360-degree capture with the precision and resolution of traditional single-lens shooting.
201912/19/2019 Leica M10–P ‘White’: the new colour option comes in a set with a Summilux-M 50 mm f/1.4 ASPH. lens Available from today, the Leica M10-P ‘White’ is a new colour option of the iconic Leica rangefinder camera. The all-white design of the current M10-P camera takes its cue from the extremely popular Leica M8 White Edition released in 2009: The top and bottom plates are finished in white paint and are colour matched with the camera’s high-quality, genuine leather trim in white. Silver control elements with engravings picked out in white ideally complement the design concept of the Leica M10-P ‘White’.
LOBA 2020: Leica Camera AG elevates the prestige of the Leica Oskar Barnack Award in honor of its 40th anniversary
In celebration of the 40th anniversary of the respected Leica Oskar Barnack Award, Leica Camera AG further heightens the prestige of the award with a new nomination-based submission process.
In a shift away from the traditional application-based model, the Leica Oskar Barnack Award will consider finalists and ultimately select winners based on nominations from 70 world-renowned photographic experts from over 30 countries. With this nomination process, the honor of being chosen as a finalist is an esteemed accomplishment of its own, as they are recognized and hand-selected by some of the most respected figures impacting the world of photography.
- 12/12/2019 Leica Camera and HODINKEE honor the storied past of a beloved wristwatch with the Leica M10-P “Ghost” Edition Leica Camera has teamed up with HODINKEE, the foremost destination for all things in the world of horology, to debut a stunning new special edition set inspired by the faded bezel of a vintage timepiece owned by HODINKEE founder and CEO Ben Clymer. Limited to just 250 sets worldwide, the Leica M10-P “Ghost” Edition for HODINKEE, which includes a Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH. lens, is a nod to the desirable “ghosted” aesthetic emerged through the natural aging and wear of a wristwatch bezel, creating an equally beautiful new look and feel with a storied past.
- 12/12/2019 Leica Summilux-M 90 mm f/1.5 ASPH.: the new benchmark standard for portrait photography Leica Camera AG has added a new telephoto lens to the portfolio of extremely fast prime lenses for the Leica M-System. The Summilux-M 90 mm f/1.5 ASPH. provides photographers with a whole range of creative opportunities such as portraits with extremely shallow planes of focus – either as precisely isolated subjects or as transitions from perfect sharpness into wonderfully soft, out of focus backgrounds. The optical design of the lens sets new standards and already delivers exceptional performance with the aperture wide open.
- 11/26/2019 Leitz Photographica Auction: 1.02 million euros - collector pays record sum for a Leica MP black paint The now 35th camera auction held by the auction house Leitz Photographica Auction in Vienna registered numerous top auction results. The ‘magic’ price barrier of one million euros was broken again at the auction on 23 November 2019: With a price of 1,020,000 euros incl. buyer’s premium, the absolute highlight of the auction was a Leica MP black paint No. 2. The Leica MP No. 2 is the second Leica MP ever built and the first to be finished in black paint.