Join Leica Akademie USA and fine art photographer and director Mark de Paola in an exclusive eight-day workshop in Milan, Italy during the week of October 17-25, 2018.
This all-inclusive, carefully curated experience provides the perfect opportunity to discover Milan through photography in art, fashion and culture. The historic city of Milan will provide our backdrop for this real world, fashion assignment and cultural immersion with Mark de Paola.
Whether you are currently a working pro, a dedicated novice with an interest in creative fashion/beauty portrait photography, or an avid traveler with wanderlust for complete cultural immersion, you'll gather insight and knowledge that you won't find elsewhere.
Highlights from the trip will include a conversation over coffee at Leica Store Milano with Chief Photo Editor at Italian Vogue and one of the most preeminent photographic curators of our time, Alessia Glaviano, and a private guided tour from a true Milanese local through the lesser known stylish streets of Milan. Explore the history of Italian style and craftsmanship from the oldest paintings by the masters at the Brera museum, to intimate studio visits with couture houses, to your very own artistic journey with world class fashion teams.
Learn about your own photographic style using Milano street style as an inspiration as you walk along the streets of Fretebenefrateli and Monte Napoleone, or join in for a casual cappuco while conversing with a working fashion model. Shoot in studio with a full fashion team and agency models in Zona Tortona, Milan. The activities are endless.
Topics covered include:
- Discovering the creative conceptualization and collaboration process in the fashion industry
- Experiencing the Leica glass evolution and the impact of lens choice on the creative process
- Working with natural light indoors and on-location
- Learning technique’s for working at minimum focusing distance
- Capturing motion in a still image
- Getting to a photographic rhythm
- Learning how to engage with your subject
- Finding the relationship between history, culture and trend
- Exploring Milan’s cultural and artistic history
Click here to register or to learn more about this Leica Akademie workshop.
Leica Destination: Milan, Italy
- 10/17/2018 - 10/25/2018