The Leica M-System is designed to give you a lifetime of photography pleasure.
To make sure that this is always the case, we maintain a worldwide service network of factory-trained technicians. They ensure that your M-System retains its quality, precision and intrinsic value.
With this exclusive offer, Leica guarantees even more peace of mind for selected M-Cameras. To make sure your Leica M-Model remains effective and reliable, you have the option to extend your warranty. In the case of a necessary repair, you will benefit from high-quality upgrades as well as valuable specialized services by our experts.
The following terms & conditions apply:
• One year warranty extension starting with the expiry date of the original Leica warranty.
• Purchase option only within the regular warranty period.
• The warranty extension is independent from a camera check.
• In case of warranty the Leica Camera AG will arrange a free pick up of your Leica model within EU.
• In warranty cases, a complete check-up, cleaning and adjustment is included.
• The warranty extension is linked to the camera and will be transferred in case of resale.
• Cosmetic repairs are not included within the warranty extension, but can be done on request by Leica Customer Care.
• The terms and conditions of Leica Camera AG Customer Care apply.
This is how it works:
• Download the PDF order form below
• Complete the form on your PC and save
• Send a copy of the completed and saved form with a scanned sales receipt or warranty card via email to email@example.com or
• Send a print out of the order form and a copy of the sales receipt or warranty card via regular mail to your local Leica Customer Care center.
Due to the receipt of the confirmation email the purchase will become binding. After internal check of the serial number, we will charge your credit card and you will receive a warranty certificate and your invoice per e-Mail.
For further questions please contact your local Leica Customer Care office.
For an alternative and even more resilient, elegant design, Leica M9 owners can now incorporate the M9-P product features into their M9 camera body. When upgrading, it's possible to choose between two different packaging options.
1. Sapphire Glass Package
This package offers the replacement of the M9 LCD monitor cover with the Leica M9-P's scratch resistant, sapphire crystal cover.
2. Top Cover & Sapphire Glass Package
This package includes the replacement of the LCD monitor glass with a sapphire crystal cover and the replacement of the top and base plates by the respective components of the M9-P. The latter are available in black paint or traditional silver chrome finish. The silver chrome replacement option also includes an exchange of the leatherette covering of the M9 with the vulcanite trim of the M9-P.
If you would like to order a M9 Upgrade, simply get in touch with your local Leica experts by using the online contact form.
Owners of older Leica M-Lenses can now optimise them for digital use. With the 6-bit coding, older M-Lenses receive new markings on the bayonet ring. These markings help digital Leica M-Cameras recognise the lens type and optimise the image quality. Thus, photographers can enjoy the imagery characteristics of their older M-Lenses in combination with contemporary digital photography.
You want your M-Lens to be retrofitted? A list of all applicable models is available in the PDF document "M-Lens Coding List". Please ask your local Leica Customer Care representatives to perform the update.
In the manufacturing process, the focusing accuracy of all Leica M-Lenses is tried and tested extensively. After years of usage, you will begin to notice tiny misadjustments in the focusing mechanism. Most are smaller than 0,002mm and won't show on analogue images. In digital photography, this is different. Due to the brilliant image performance as well as high resolution of the Leica M-Sensor, even the smallest details are displayed rich in contrast – including focusing inaccuracies. Lenses with a long focal length or a wide aperture are especially prone to misadjustment, due to the lenses' low depth of field. That is why Leica's Customer Care offers a specialised lens adjustment service to ensure that your M-Lenses meet the high requirements of today’s digital photography.
Find more information to lens adjustment in our FAQ section.
With use, dust accumulates on every digital camera’s sensor. In time, it begins to show as blurred dark spots on photographs. In order to maintain the M-System’s photographic brilliance, Leica offers a professional sensor cleaning service. Our factory-trained technicians will dust off your M-Camera with state-of-the-art technology, so you can enjoy spotless digital photography again. You want to learn more about the conditions or like to charge an expert to perform a sensor cleaning? Simply get in touch with the experts from your local Leica Customer Care office.
In case you prefer to perform the sensor cleaning yourself, we made a step-by-step PDF guide available in our FAQ section.