201808/09/2018 The Leica Elpro 52 Close-up Attachment for Leica M- and TL-Lenses enables macro photography in extraordinarily high quality With Leica Elpro 52, Leica Camera AG has expanded its portfolio of accessories with a new close-up attachment that extends the capabilities of selected Leica M- and TL-Lenses to include macro photography. The optical construction of the Leica Elpro 52 comprises two cemented lens elements with anti-reflex multicoating and the attachment is designed to be screwed into the filter thread of the lens. The attachment reduces the close focus distance and the considerably increased reproduction ratio enables impressively detailed close-up images in exceptional quality. Thanks to its compact size and light weight, the overall handling of the lens remains unaffected when the attachment is mounted.
- 07/11/2018 Leica Rangemaster CRF 2400-R With the new Leica CRF 2400-R, Leica Sport Optics (Wetzlar) presents a laser rangefinder which allows distance determination of up to 2,400 yards (2,200 metres). In addition, the Leica Rangemaster CRF 2400-R offers a new LED display for even better readability of the scanned distance and ballistic data.
- 06/29/2018 Extensive updates for Leica Cameras: New Firmware releases with numerous improvements and entirely new functions Leica Camera AG has released a series of extensive firmware updates for the Leica M10, Leica Q, Leica CL, Leica TL2 and Leica T/TL camera models. Alongside further improvements of existing features, these updates also introduce a considerable number of new camera functions.
- 06/15/2018 Limited edition to celebrate the opening of the Leitz-Park To celebrate the inauguration of the third phase of the Leitz Park complex, Leica Camera AG presents a strictly limited edition of selected camera models. All of the versions for this occasion have unique design features.
- 06/15/2018 Today, Leica Camera AG is celebrating the opening of the new complex in Wetzlar Today, Leica Camera AG is celebrating the opening of the new Leitz-Park complex in Wetzlar. Two years after the first ground was broken on the Schanzenfeld site by the south-east gate of the City of Wetzlar, a unique complex has now been completed that unites spectacular architecture with cultural highlights and the development of pioneering technologies.
- 06/15/2018 Leica C-Lux - The versatile compact camera with a 15x zoom, a practical touchscreen and exceptional design With the launch of the Leica C-Lux, Leica Camera AG expands its product portfolio with a versatile compact camera that unites speed, an intuitive handling concept and stylish design. Featuring a Leica DC Vario-Elmar 8.8–132 mm f/3.3–6.4 ASPH. lens and a high-performance 20-megapixel sensor for continuous shooting at a rate of up to 10 frames per second, the Leica C-Lux adapts quickly and flexibly to every situation and effortlessly delivers high-quality pictures of subjects at any distance. Its 15-fold optical zoom with focal lengths from 24 to 360 mm (35 mm equivalent) offers enormous creative scope that is further expanded by 4K video recording capability.
- 06/15/2018 Leica Camera AG presents the new, strictly limited Leica M10 ‘Edition Zagato’ With the Leica M10 ‘Edition Zagato’, Leica Camera AG presents a timelessly beautiful special edition that unites the best of German craftsmanship and Italian design. Comprising a camera and a Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH. lens, the set takes its name from Dr Andrea Zagato, owner of the design house and automotive styling specialist of the same name, who personally designed the limited edition, restricted to 250 pieces worldwide. This collaboration is now the second special edition created between the two long-established companies - 2015 saw the launch of a limited series of binoculars with a strikingly elegant design, the Leica Ultravid 8x32 ‘Edition Zagato’.
- 06/15/2018 Leica Camera AG presents numerous exhibitions to celebrate the opening of the new complex in Wetzlar With the opening of the new Leitz-Park complex, visitors have the opportunity to view numerous exhibitions in the new premises of Leica Camera AG and in the Leica Galerie Wetzlar. A particular highlight in the new museum building is the anniversary exhibition ‘Eyes Wide Open! 100 Years of Leica Photography’, which, after celebrating successes at numerous venues around the globe, is making a guest appearance at Leitz-Park until the end of October.
- 06/13/2018 Ernst Leitz Werkstätten: Opening of the manufacture and presentation of the Leica Watch With the inauguration of the third phase of the Leitz-Park, the “Ernst Leitz Werkstätten” commences operations and establishes a completely new and exclusive product line in the Leica Camera AG portfolio: mechanically highly complex and sophisticated watches made in small series. The Ernst Leitz Werkstätten is housed on the latest phase of Leitz-Park and offers a fascinating insight into the elaborate production of “Made in Germany” watches through the manufacture’s viewing windows. Their premises include an assembly workshop, a consulting studio and a store.
‘Leica Oskar Barnack Award’: The twelve finalists have been chosen
The twelve finalists of this year’s Leica Oskar Barnack Award (LOBA) have been chosen. The complete portfolios from the categories ‘Leica Oskar Barnack Award’ and ‘Leica Oskar Barnack Award Newcomer’ can now be viewed at www.leica-oskar-barnack-award.com. Around 2,500 photographers from a total of 110 different countries submitted entries to the LOBA competition in 2018.