201405/22/2014 The Leica Galerie Wetzlar presents the exhibition ‘10 x 10’ On 23 May 2014, Leica Camera AG will be celebrating the official opening of the new company headquarters in the Leitz Park in Wetzlar. The Leica Galerie in the Leitz Park will also be opened in the course of the celebrations. The festivities will begin with a special exhibition for the 100th birthday of Leica photography. ‘10 x 10’ is a project that points to the future with examples of contemporary photography while simultaneously exhibiting intrinsic links with its past. Ten photographers (Dominic Nahr, Julia Baier, Evgenia Arbugaeva, Craig Semetko, Kirill Golovchenko, Amedeo M. Turello, Alec Soth, Jing Huang, Thomas Ruff and Saga Sig), each of them with ten works, will engage in a creative dialogue with one of the great masters from the history of Leica photography and take a critical look at their work in photographic terms.
- 05/22/2014 Inauguration of new Leica Headquarters It is both a beginning and a return. With the inauguration of its new and larger corporate headquarters, Leica Camera AG is returning to its roots. Wetzlar, in the German state of Hesse, is the birthplace of the Leica camera and the home of Ernst Leitz, the company that went on to become Leica Camera AG.
- 05/22/2014 A new biography of Ernst Leitz Leica Camera AG is celebrating a double anniversary in 2014: it has been 100 years since Oskar Barnack (1879–1936) completed the first model of the Leica in March 1914, and 90 years have passed since, in June 1924, Ernst Leitz II (1871–1956) made the decision to begin production of the camera with a lens designed by Max Berek. With the momentous words: ‘My decision is final. We will take the risk,’ Ernst Leitz made a groundbreaking decision that would make history as an almost impossible venture and decisively influence the photo-technical and photochemical industry segments for almost 75 years.
- 05/22/2014 For macro photography with the Leica M: With the Leica Macro-Elmar-M 90 mm f/4, Leica Camera AG presents a new, collapsible macro lens for the Leica M-System. As in the case of the previous generation of this lens, its performance has been optimised to cover the entire working range, from infinity to the closest macro focusing distance. This makes the Leica Macro-Elmar-M 90 mm f/4 ideal not only as a moderate, universal telephoto lens, but also as a macro lens with exceptional imaging performance at close focusing distances. For example, in combination with the new Leica Macro- Adapter-M, specially designed and constructed for use with the Live View function of the Leica M, it allows photographers to capture spectacular close-up exposures at a reproduction ratio of up to 1:2.
- 05/22/2014 The LEICA M MONOCHROM is now available in silver chrome In response to numerous requests from customers, Leica Camera AG now presents a version of the Leica M Monochrom in a second colour variation. Previously available only as a discreet black model, the camera will now be offered with a silver chrome body. Lovers of the camera’s elegant and discreet look will not be disappointed by this new and especially unobtrusive camera, because the silver chrome version of the Leica M Monochrom maintains the same discreet appearance of its black counterpart and also lacks the Leica red dot logo. Only an engraved script on the accessory shoe reveals the product name.
Leica Camera celebrates the official opening of the Leitz-Park with attractive special editions
Leica Camera AG is celebrating the official opening of the new company complex in the Leitz-Park in Wetzlar with a portfolio of limited editions of cameras and binoculars. The Leitz-Park
special edition products have unique design features and are specially engraved with
the Leitz-Park logo.
- 05/22/2014 Product highlight for the centennial year: the Leica M Edition 100 This year, Leica Camera AG is celebrating 100 years of Leica photography. On the occasion of this special anniversary, the company has already announced two special centennial editions – the Leica S Edition 100 and the Leica D-Lux 6 Edition 100. And now, a uniquely special highlight will be presented in the course of the official opening celebration for the new Leica headquarters in the Leitz Park complex in Wetzlar on 23 May 2014: the Leica M Edition 100.
- 04/24/2014 Photography in its purest form: Leica Camera AG presents a new camera system that unites the fine art of engineering and hand-crafted excellence with design and handling in an entirely new and innovative concept. From the initial idea through to the development process and in its final assembly, the focus of all disciplines involved was on one single thing – perfection.
- 03/18/2014 Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2014 In addition to the main and newcomer awards at the prestigious Leica Oskar Barnack Award, the centennial year of Leica Camera AG, 2014, will also see the presentation of the first public award. The winner will be selected from amongst the around 50 best entries in the main category and from amongst about 20 entries for the newcomer award by free online voting on www.i-shot-it.com, the world’s leading website for photographic competitions. The voting process will run from 1 April to 30 April 2014. In addition to the extraordinary publicity that this generates, the winner in this category also wins a cash prize of 2,500 euros. In addition, a prize draw for non-cash prizes of Leica compact cameras will also be held for all who participated in the vote.
- 03/12/2014 Me & My Leica X Photo Contest: The winners of the Leica X competition ‘Me & My Leica X Photo Contest’ have been selected. The jury selected twenty first places from the many thousands of entries – ten for the X Vario and ten for the X Prime models (X1 or X2). The list of winners can be found at www.lfi-online.de/xcontest along with a shortlist of the best entries (single photos and portfolios) from more than 60 photographers – 20 for the X Vario and 45 for the X Prime models.