201405/27/2014 Leica Camera AG strengthens centralised corporate communication In view of the ongoing successful growth and the increasingly international orientation of the company, Leica Camera AG has restructured and increased the human resources of its central corporate communication.
- 05/23/2014 The Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2014 The winners of the Leica Oskar Barnack Award and the Newcomer Award for 2014 have been chosen. Born in what was formerly Czechoslovakia, Martin Kollar has received the prestigious photography award for his project Field Trip, a portfolio of photos taken in Israel. The Leica Oskar Barnack Newcomer Award 2014 goes to Alejandro Cegarra from Venezuela. His portfolio The Other Side of the Tower of David is dedicated to the squatters in an abandoned tower block in Caracas.
- 05/22/2014 Valbray and Leica present unique chronographs On the occasion of the celebration of 100 Years of Leica Photography, Valbray – the renowned Swiss watchmakers from Lausanne – presents a special limited edition: the EL1 Chronograph. This watch is strictly limited to only 100 exemplars and is engraved with the Leica logo features on the crown and ‘100 Years of Leica Photography’ engraved on the back.
- 05/22/2014 Inauguration of new Leica Headquarters It is both a beginning and a return. With the inauguration of its new and larger corporate headquarters, Leica Camera AG is returning to its roots. Wetzlar, in the German state of Hesse, is the birthplace of the Leica camera and the home of Ernst Leitz, the company that went on to become Leica Camera AG.
- 05/22/2014 A new biography of Ernst Leitz Leica Camera AG is celebrating a double anniversary in 2014: it has been 100 years since Oskar Barnack (1879–1936) completed the first model of the Leica in March 1914, and 90 years have passed since, in June 1924, Ernst Leitz II (1871–1956) made the decision to begin production of the camera with a lens designed by Max Berek. With the momentous words: ‘My decision is final. We will take the risk,’ Ernst Leitz made a groundbreaking decision that would make history as an almost impossible venture and decisively influence the photo-technical and photochemical industry segments for almost 75 years.
- 05/22/2014 For macro photography with the Leica M: With the Leica Macro-Elmar-M 90 mm f/4, Leica Camera AG presents a new, collapsible macro lens for the Leica M-System. As in the case of the previous generation of this lens, its performance has been optimised to cover the entire working range, from infinity to the closest macro focusing distance. This makes the Leica Macro-Elmar-M 90 mm f/4 ideal not only as a moderate, universal telephoto lens, but also as a macro lens with exceptional imaging performance at close focusing distances. For example, in combination with the new Leica Macro- Adapter-M, specially designed and constructed for use with the Live View function of the Leica M, it allows photographers to capture spectacular close-up exposures at a reproduction ratio of up to 1:2.
- 05/22/2014 The LEICA M MONOCHROM is now available in silver chrome In response to numerous requests from customers, Leica Camera AG now presents a version of the Leica M Monochrom in a second colour variation. Previously available only as a discreet black model, the camera will now be offered with a silver chrome body. Lovers of the camera’s elegant and discreet look will not be disappointed by this new and especially unobtrusive camera, because the silver chrome version of the Leica M Monochrom maintains the same discreet appearance of its black counterpart and also lacks the Leica red dot logo. Only an engraved script on the accessory shoe reveals the product name.
Leica Camera celebrates the official opening of the Leitz-Park with attractive special editions
Leica Camera AG is celebrating the official opening of the new company complex in the Leitz-Park in Wetzlar with a portfolio of limited editions of cameras and binoculars. The Leitz-Park
special edition products have unique design features and are specially engraved with
the Leitz-Park logo.
- 05/22/2014 Product highlight for the centennial year: the Leica M Edition 100 This year, Leica Camera AG is celebrating 100 years of Leica photography. On the occasion of this special anniversary, the company has already announced two special centennial editions – the Leica S Edition 100 and the Leica D-Lux 6 Edition 100. And now, a uniquely special highlight will be presented in the course of the official opening celebration for the new Leica headquarters in the Leitz Park complex in Wetzlar on 23 May 2014: the Leica M Edition 100.
- 05/22/2014 The photographic exhibition 36 aus 100 This year, Leica Camera AG is celebrating 100 years of Leica photography. On the occasion of this special anniversary, the company is presenting a unique photo installation with the title 36 aus 100 (‘36 from 100’) at its new headquarters at Leitz Park in Wetzlar. The exhibition will be officially opened during the festivities at the inauguration of the new Leica company headquarters on 23 May 2014.