201409/16/2014 Leica M-P / The next generation of the Leica rangefinder camera for professional photographers Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, presents a further model in the Leica rangefinder camera segment. Based on the otherwise identical Leica M, the Leica M-P offers all the technical advantages of the Leica M-System and several additional features, for example an enlarged buffer memory. The ‘P’ in the name of this camera indicates the particularly discreet and enduring design concept with which the Leica M-P joins the line of Leica M-Cameras conceived especially to fulfil the needs of professional photographers.
- 09/15/2014 Leica Fotopark: the new online platform for image archiving and high-quality prints At this year’s photokina, Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, is presenting a comprehensive digital service concept for the storage, processing and management of pictures – Leica Fotopark. With this concept, the manufacturer of premium cameras, lenses and sport optics products from Wetzlar is expanding its existing business model with an online platform that sets the focus in the digitally connected world on what is truly essential – the picture – and bridges the divide between hardware and software.
- 09/15/2014 Versatile, robust and reliable: new Leica equipment for wildlife and nature observation Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, has expanded its range of additional equipment for wildlife and nature observation. Now new to the portfolio are the Leica 170 C tripod and two video tripod heads in different sizes, the Leica VH1 und VH2. The new products are ideal in combination with Leica spotting scopes, binoculars and Leica cameras and are optimised for outdoor use. The use of high-quality materials guarantees absolute reliability in even the toughest conditions. With this Leica equipment, users have ideal additions to their gear to help them experience and capture the wonders of nature in almost any situation.
- 09/15/2014 New – LEICA ULTRAVID HD-PLUS 42 The new generation of binoculars with improved optical performance Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, presents a new generation of the Leica Ultravid HD 42 binoculars. In comparison with earlier models, the optical performance of the new Leica Ultravid HD-Plus 42 with respect to light transmission has been significantly improved again.
- 09/15/2014 Artisan & Artist Edition for Leica – the compact system bag for travelling light with a camera With the Artisan & Artist Edition for Leica, Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, presents a system bag that unites superior material qualities and finishing in a perfectly designed product concept. Just like Leica, the Japanese manufacturer of premium camera accessories Artisan & Artist has a passion for handcrafted excellence, attention to detail and painstakingly selected materials.
- 09/15/2014 Aneas Edition for Leica – the premium camera bag made in France Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, presents the Aneas Edition for Leica, a premium camera bag in a strictly limited edition. This accessory was produced in collaboration with Aneas, the French artisan workshop well known for their use of the finest leathers and elaborate finishing. The portfolio of this prestigious company embraces an extensive collection of bags of all kinds: for example for travelling, business and hunting.
- 09/15/2014 Leica Camera AG and Schedoni, the premium leather-goods manufacturer, present a superior-quality bag for both photography and business use At photokina 2014, Schedoni, the Italian leather-goods manufacturer from Modena, and Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, will be presenting the first accessory created in a collaboration between the two companies: a premium leather bag that, thanks to its ingenious design, may be used both as a classic camera bag and as a business bag for discerning owners.
- 09/15/2014 New: LEICA D-LUX – fast lens meets elegant camera design Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, presents a new model in the Leica D-Lux line. The high-performance Leica D-Lux compact camera features a fast Leica DC Vario-Summilux 10.9–34 mm f/1.7–2.8 ASPH. zoom lens with a very fast initial aperture and an extremely practical zoom range equivalent to 24 to 75 mm in 35 mm format. In comparison to the previous model, it offers a larger Four Thirds sensor that, in combination with its lens ensures superior picture quality in all shooting situations.
- 09/15/2014 LEICA X-E – compact quality and elegant design made in Germany With the Leica X-E, Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, is expanding the Leica X family with a new camera model made in Germany. The particularly compact and lightweight X-E has all the features that characterise a Leica camera: an outstanding fast lens, the best materials and a premium finish. The camera also features an unmistakable design that, in the case of the X-E, is further emphasised by special details – like the titanium look of its body and control elements matched to its silver lens. Leather trim in the colour metallic rounds off its elegant looks.
- 09/15/2014 New lenses for the LEICA T camera system Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, presents two high-performance lenses for the Leica T camera system at photokina 2014: the Leica Super-Vario-Elmar-T 11–23 mm f/3.5–4.5 ASPH. wide-angle lens and the Leica APO Vario-Elmar-T 55–135 mm f/3.5–4.5 ASPH. telephoto lens.