201408/22/2014 Leica exhibition concept for photokina 2014 At this year’s photokina in Cologne from 16 to 21 September 2014, Leica Camera AG will once again be presenting unique photo exhibitions and showcasing projects by internationally renowned photographers and prominent artists. The focus of this year’s exhibition concept for the Leica Galerie in hall 1 at the Cologne exhibition centre is on impressive art photography from the world of music. The exhibitions will be curated by Karin Rehn-Kaufmann, director general of Leica Galerien International and Inas Fayed, editor-in-chief of Leica Fotografie International (LFI).
- 08/15/2014 Leica Camera AG ist Partner der St. Moritz Art Masters 2014 Die Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, ist auch in diesem Jahr Partner des internationalen Kulturfestivals „St. Moritz Art Masters", das vom 22. bis zum 31. August 2014 stattfindet. Neben einzigartigen Ausstellungen und beeindruckenden Installationen stehen im Rahmen des Festivals rund um die Kunst- und Fotografieszene auch Workshops mit international bekannten Fotografen auf dem Programm. Darüber hinaus können Besucher Leica Produkte testen und ein professionelles Porträt-Shooting mit dem Leica S-System miterleben.
- 08/15/2014 Leica Camera AG and the WWT continue their cooperation Leica Camera AG continues to back the ambitious project of the Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust (WWT) for the protection and preservation of the endangered spoon-billed sandpiper. This collaboration to save the unique wader from extinction began in 2013 and has now been renewed to guarantee the project’s long-term success. Leica Camera AG supports the breeding programmes and field expeditions of the WWT team and, in its function as exclusive optics partner of the organisation, equips its members with first-class optical equipment such as binoculars, spotting scopes and cameras for work in the field.
- 08/05/2014 Leica Ball Head 18 / Leica SD-Card Etui The Leica 18 ball head, a product distinguished by its compact and nostalgic retro design, is new. It guarantees that the camera is held securely and steadily in all photographic situations and is particularly useful when frequently changing the camera position and shooting from various different angles. Precise engineering and the use of optimally harmonised materials ensures an ideal symbiosis of stability and low weight and thus guarantees many years of reliable service.
- 07/28/2014 Leica Camera AG acquires majority holding in Leica Shop and WestLicht auctions in Vienna Leica Camera AG in Wetzlar has acquired almost 75 per cent of the shares of Peter Coeln GesmbH in Vienna. Both companies consider the transaction to be an excellent strategic option for the further expansion of their activities. The transaction also includes the acquisition of two Leica Stores and the WestLicht auction house in Vienna. Both parties have agreed that no financial details will be disclosed. Peter Coeln will continue to occupy the position of managing director of Peter Coeln GesmbH.
Schloss Bensberg Classics: Leica Camera AG setzt erfolgreiche Partnerschaft fort
Bereits zum sechsten Mal in Folge ist die Leica Camera AG Partner der Schloss Bensberg Classics, die vom 18. bis 20. Juli 2014 in Bergisch Gladbach und Umgebung stattfinden. Die Oldtimer-Veranstaltung der Premium-Klasse, die unter dem Motto „Very important cars only“ steht, zeichnet sich vor allem durch Exklusivität und Hochwertigkeit der teilnehmenden Automobilklassiker aus. Ins Leben gerufen wurden die Schloss Bensberg Classics mit Unterstützung der Leica Camera AG im Jahr 2009.
- 07/09/2014 Firmware Update FW 126.96.36.199. für die LEICA M Leica Camera AG has posted the latest firmware update (FW 188.8.131.52.) for the Leica M on the company website. Users wishing to bring their camera up to date can now download the free update and take advantage of the numerous improvements for the Live View and video functions. Various suggestions and recommendations from customers with regard to a revision of the automatic ISO adjustment have also been taken into account. In addition to this, Korean is now also available as a menu language.
Leica M Limited Edition
On the occasion of the 100th anniversary, Leica Camera AG is releasing a series of Leica M cameras with special engraving. Both the silver chrome and the black paint versions of the legendary rangefinder camera will be available in a strictly limited run of 500 cameras engraved with the ‘100 years of Leica’ logo on the top plate. The specially engraved anniversary edition, appropriately labelled with a sticker on the box, is technically identical to the current model of the Leica M and is now available.
- 05/27/2014 Leica Camera AG strengthens centralised corporate communication In view of the ongoing successful growth and the increasingly international orientation of the company, Leica Camera AG has restructured and increased the human resources of its central corporate communication.
- 05/23/2014 The Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2014 The winners of the Leica Oskar Barnack Award and the Newcomer Award for 2014 have been chosen. Born in what was formerly Czechoslovakia, Martin Kollar has received the prestigious photography award for his project Field Trip, a portfolio of photos taken in Israel. The Leica Oskar Barnack Newcomer Award 2014 goes to Alejandro Cegarra from Venezuela. His portfolio The Other Side of the Tower of David is dedicated to the squatters in an abandoned tower block in Caracas.