201410/23/2014 Eyes wide open! – 100 years of Leica photography This year, Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, is celebrating 100 years of Leica photography. On the occasion of this special anniversary, the exhibition entitled Augen Auf! 100 Jahre Leica Fotografie (‘eyes wide open! 100 years of Leica photography’) will premiere in the House of Photography in Deichtorhallen in Hamburg on 24 October 2014 and can be viewed until 11 January 2015.
- 10/15/2014 Digital technology ‘Made in Germany’ meets art: The LEICA X ‘Edition Moncler’ special limited edition In collaboration with Moncler, Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, presents a special limited edition: the Leica X ‘Edition Moncler’. Reflecting the common values of both brands – high end quality and technicality – the Leica X ‘Edition Moncler’ unites aesthetic and technology to create an unmistakeable appeal. Finished with a premium leather trim in a three-colour scheme of blue, white and red, as an homage to the French origins of Moncler, this silver version of the Leica X is an eye-catching must-have for conscious and lovers of both photography and style.
- 10/14/2014 60 years of the Leica rangefinder system: Leica Galerie Wetzlar is showing two new photographic exhibitions to celebrate this special anniversary This year, Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, is celebrating two special anniversaries. The focus of the celebrations will not be exclusively on 100 years of Leica photography, but also on the 60th birthday of the legendary Leica M rangefinder system.
- 09/25/2014 Firmware updates now available for the LEICA T camera system and the LEICA X VARIO Leica Camera AG presents new firmware updates for the Leica T and Leica X Vario cameras. Users wishing to bring their products up to date can now download the new firmware versions 1.2 for the Leica T (Type 701) and 1.1 for the Leica X Vario (Type 107) free of charge from the Leica website and take advantage of the enhancements.
- 09/22/2014 Leica Camera AG and Panasonic Expand Partnership Agreement in the Digital Camera Sector Osaka, Japan /Wetzlar, Germany (September 19, 2014) – Leica Camera AG and Panasonic Corporation today announced they have extended their partnership agreement and agreed to expand and strengthen their technological cooperation in the digital camera (DSC) field.
- 09/18/2014 photokina 2014: Leica to Present New High-End Camera Leica S Featuring Leica MAESTRO II Processor built on Fujitsu Technology Leica Camera AG and Fujitsu Semiconductor Europe (FSEU) will be presenting a new Leica S camera that features the Leica MAESTRO II image processor at the photokina exhibition to be held in Cologne, Germany, from September 16 - 21 (booth A002, hall 01.1). The Leica S-System is a purely digital high-end camera system built for professional photographers. Small medium-format cameras offer excellent imaging quality and user experiences due to the high-definition imagery, fast processing speeds, and low power consumption that the Fujitsu Milbeaut series of image processing devices for cameras is able to provide.
Leica Camera AG feiert auf der photokina mit Thomas Hoepker und Jamie Cullum
Mit rund 1000 Gästen hat die Leica Camera AG am Dienstag Abend in Halle 1 der Koelnmesse 60 Jahre Leica M-System gefeiert. Der weltweit bekannte und renommierte Fotograf Thomas Hoepker erhielt in Anerkennung seiner Verdienste für die Fotografie und sein ebenfalls sechs Jahrzehnte umfassendes Lebenswerk den Leica Hall of Fame Award. Der britische Sänger und Songwriter Jamie Cullum spielte auf der Bühne in der Leica Galerie auf der photokina, der Leitmesse für Fotografie, vor einem begeisterten Publikum live Auszüge aus seinem neuen Album „Interlude“, das am 3. Oktober in Deutschland erscheint.
- 09/16/2014 Leica M-P / The next generation of the Leica rangefinder camera for professional photographers Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, presents a further model in the Leica rangefinder camera segment. Based on the otherwise identical Leica M, the Leica M-P offers all the technical advantages of the Leica M-System and several additional features, for example an enlarged buffer memory. The ‘P’ in the name of this camera indicates the particularly discreet and enduring design concept with which the Leica M-P joins the line of Leica M-Cameras conceived especially to fulfil the needs of professional photographers.
- 09/15/2014 Leica Fotopark: the new online platform for image archiving and high-quality prints At this year’s photokina, Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, is presenting a comprehensive digital service concept for the storage, processing and management of pictures – Leica Fotopark. With this concept, the manufacturer of premium cameras, lenses and sport optics products from Wetzlar is expanding its existing business model with an online platform that sets the focus in the digitally connected world on what is truly essential – the picture – and bridges the divide between hardware and software.
- 09/15/2014 Versatile, robust and reliable: new Leica equipment for wildlife and nature observation Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, has expanded its range of additional equipment for wildlife and nature observation. Now new to the portfolio are the Leica 170 C tripod and two video tripod heads in different sizes, the Leica VH1 und VH2. The new products are ideal in combination with Leica spotting scopes, binoculars and Leica cameras and are optimised for outdoor use. The use of high-quality materials guarantees absolute reliability in even the toughest conditions. With this Leica equipment, users have ideal additions to their gear to help them experience and capture the wonders of nature in almost any situation.