201409/25/2014 Firmware updates now available for the LEICA T camera system and the LEICA X VARIO Leica Camera AG presents new firmware updates for the Leica T and Leica X Vario cameras. Users wishing to bring their products up to date can now download the new firmware versions 1.2 for the Leica T (Type 701) and 1.1 for the Leica X Vario (Type 107) free of charge from the Leica website and take advantage of the enhancements.
- 09/22/2014 Leica Camera AG and Panasonic Expand Partnership Agreement in the Digital Camera Sector Osaka, Japan /Wetzlar, Germany (September 19, 2014) – Leica Camera AG and Panasonic Corporation today announced they have extended their partnership agreement and agreed to expand and strengthen their technological cooperation in the digital camera (DSC) field.
- 09/18/2014 photokina 2014: Leica to Present New High-End Camera Leica S Featuring Leica MAESTRO II Processor built on Fujitsu Technology Leica Camera AG and Fujitsu Semiconductor Europe (FSEU) will be presenting a new Leica S camera that features the Leica MAESTRO II image processor at the photokina exhibition to be held in Cologne, Germany, from September 16 - 21 (booth A002, hall 01.1). The Leica S-System is a purely digital high-end camera system built for professional photographers. Small medium-format cameras offer excellent imaging quality and user experiences due to the high-definition imagery, fast processing speeds, and low power consumption that the Fujitsu Milbeaut series of image processing devices for cameras is able to provide.
Leica Camera AG feiert auf der photokina mit Thomas Hoepker und Jamie Cullum
Mit rund 1000 Gästen hat die Leica Camera AG am Dienstag Abend in Halle 1 der Koelnmesse 60 Jahre Leica M-System gefeiert. Der weltweit bekannte und renommierte Fotograf Thomas Hoepker erhielt in Anerkennung seiner Verdienste für die Fotografie und sein ebenfalls sechs Jahrzehnte umfassendes Lebenswerk den Leica Hall of Fame Award. Der britische Sänger und Songwriter Jamie Cullum spielte auf der Bühne in der Leica Galerie auf der photokina, der Leitmesse für Fotografie, vor einem begeisterten Publikum live Auszüge aus seinem neuen Album „Interlude“, das am 3. Oktober in Deutschland erscheint.
- 09/16/2014 Leica M-P / The next generation of the Leica rangefinder camera for professional photographers Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, presents a further model in the Leica rangefinder camera segment. Based on the otherwise identical Leica M, the Leica M-P offers all the technical advantages of the Leica M-System and several additional features, for example an enlarged buffer memory. The ‘P’ in the name of this camera indicates the particularly discreet and enduring design concept with which the Leica M-P joins the line of Leica M-Cameras conceived especially to fulfil the needs of professional photographers.
- 09/15/2014 Leica Fotopark: the new online platform for image archiving and high-quality prints At this year’s photokina, Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, is presenting a comprehensive digital service concept for the storage, processing and management of pictures – Leica Fotopark. With this concept, the manufacturer of premium cameras, lenses and sport optics products from Wetzlar is expanding its existing business model with an online platform that sets the focus in the digitally connected world on what is truly essential – the picture – and bridges the divide between hardware and software.
- 09/15/2014 Versatile, robust and reliable: new Leica equipment for wildlife and nature observation Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, has expanded its range of additional equipment for wildlife and nature observation. Now new to the portfolio are the Leica 170 C tripod and two video tripod heads in different sizes, the Leica VH1 und VH2. The new products are ideal in combination with Leica spotting scopes, binoculars and Leica cameras and are optimised for outdoor use. The use of high-quality materials guarantees absolute reliability in even the toughest conditions. With this Leica equipment, users have ideal additions to their gear to help them experience and capture the wonders of nature in almost any situation.
- 09/15/2014 New – LEICA ULTRAVID HD-PLUS 42 The new generation of binoculars with improved optical performance Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, presents a new generation of the Leica Ultravid HD 42 binoculars. In comparison with earlier models, the optical performance of the new Leica Ultravid HD-Plus 42 with respect to light transmission has been significantly improved again.
- 09/15/2014 Artisan & Artist Edition for Leica – the compact system bag for travelling light with a camera With the Artisan & Artist Edition for Leica, Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, presents a system bag that unites superior material qualities and finishing in a perfectly designed product concept. Just like Leica, the Japanese manufacturer of premium camera accessories Artisan & Artist has a passion for handcrafted excellence, attention to detail and painstakingly selected materials.
- 09/15/2014 Aneas Edition for Leica – the premium camera bag made in France Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, presents the Aneas Edition for Leica, a premium camera bag in a strictly limited edition. This accessory was produced in collaboration with Aneas, the French artisan workshop well known for their use of the finest leathers and elaborate finishing. The portfolio of this prestigious company embraces an extensive collection of bags of all kinds: for example for travelling, business and hunting.