201607/06/2016 Master of Photography: Leica and Sky Arts Search for Europe’s Best Photographer Leica Camera AG, the German premium-segment manufacturer of cameras and sport optics products, is Sky Arts’ exclusive technical provider for Master of Photography, the first dedicated TV talent show for photography, to be broadcast from the 21st of July in Italy on Sky Arte HD, in the UK and Ireland on Sky Arts and in Germany and Austria on Sky Arts HD. A new unique international production, that aims to promote and enhance photography in all its forms of expression, through the TV medium.
- 07/01/2016 New: the Leica Rangemaster CRF 1600-R compact laser rangefinder With the Leica Rangemaster CRF 1600-R, Leica Camera AG (Wetzlar) presents a new laser rangefinder. Its versatility, compact size and essential ballistic functions make the CRF 1600-R and its expanded technical features the ideal model for hunters who attach importance to reliable distance measurement and the determination of the equivalent horizontal range.
- 06/30/2016 Leica celebrates the 10th anniversary of the digital rangefinder camera It is now ten years since Leica Camera AG brought M-Photography into the digital age and set an important milestone within the legendary Leica M rangefinder system. The company is now celebrating the 10th anniversary of this event with attractive offers on products from the Leica M portfolio.
- 06/23/2016 Leica M Monochrom expands the M à la carte programme and is now available for the first time in silver chrome finish Leica Camera AG has expanded the successful Leica à la carte programme – an opportunity for personalising Leica cameras – and now offers an entire range of personalisation options for the Leica M Monochrom digital rangefinder camera with a black-and-white sensor. Interested owners can take advantage of the diverse combination options for the creation of the camera of their dreams.
- 06/16/2016 The exhibition ‘Eyes wide open! 100 years of Leica photography’ is now visiting Ghent Following its enormous success in Germany and Austria, the spectacular exhibition ‘Eyes wide open! 100 years of Leica photography’ is now visiting Belgium on the next stop of its tour and can be seen in the exhibition centre of St. Peter’s Abbey in Ghent from 17 June to 14 August. More than 350 original prints are being shown in St. Peter’s Abbey. Photographs by Robert Capa, Henri Cartier-Bresson, Nick Út, Alfred Eisenstaedt, Robert Lebeck, Julia Baier and François Fontaine document significant moments in the history of art and culture from 1914 to the present day. As an homage to Belgian Leica photography, works by Harry Gruyaert, Gaël Turine and Michel Vanden Eeckhoudt will be shown exclusively at this exhibition.
- 06/15/2016 'Leica Oskar Barnack Award’: the jury has reached its verdict The jury of prominent international experts has chosen the twelve finalists of this year’s ‘Leica Oskar Barnack Award’. The complete portfolios in the categories ’Leica Oskar Barnack Award’ and ‘Leica Oskar Barnack Newcomer Award’ can now be viewed at www.leica-oskar-barnack-award.com.
Ground broken for third phase of construction at the Leitz Park Wetzlar
The next step on the way from a vision to a reality: today, the breaking of the ground for the third phase of the Leitz Park complex is the next big step forward in the development of Wetzlar as a location for innovation and manufacturing and as the foremost centre of the optical industry in Germany. Today, around 250 invited guests, among them Dr. Christoph Ullrich, President of the Giessen administrative district, Manfred Wagner, Mayor of the City of Wetzlar and Wolfgang Schuster, District Administrator of the Lahn-Dill region, joined Dr. Andreas Kaufmann, majority shareholder and chairman of the advisory board of Leica Camera AG, and Oliver Kaltner, chairman of the executive board of Leica Camera AG, to celebrate the expansion of the Schanzenfeld site at the south-east gate of the City of Wetzlar.
- 06/03/2016 Leica Camera AG further expands its presence in the growth market Greater China In the course of its global growth and expansion strategy, Leica Camera AG has opened a new chapter of the story in Greater China. 1925 saw the first delivery of a Leica camera to Beijing and the long-established German company has maintained a successful presence in China with a marketing and distribution partner for its world-renowned cameras and sport optics products since the late twenties.
- 06/02/2016 The new Leica S-Adapter L enables the use of S-lenses on the Leica SL The Leica S-Adapter L for the Leica SL mirrorless camera system is available from today. This adapter further expands the range of lenses that can be used with the Leica SL to include those of the Leica S medium format camera system.
- 06/01/2016 Leica Digiscopingset Leica Camera AG (Wetzlar) presents a new, innovative all-inclusive solution in the digiscoping sector that transforms wildlife photography into an incomparable and shareable experience. From June 2016, Leica will be offering exceptionally attractive digiscoping packages at unbeatable discounted prices.