201603/04/2016 Leica VISUS i LW With its new Visus i LW models, Leica Camera AG presents a new generation of riflescopes that represent a unique combination of the fine arts of engineering, classical style and modern technology. They are true masterpieces of innovative product design, optical excellence and mechanical reliability. Traditional design elements, such as paint-filled manual stylus engraving and specially developed surface finishes, meet modern, daylight-readable illumination and the ultimate in optical design.
- 03/04/2016 Leica Magnus i: The second generation Leica Camera AG is launching the second generation of its successful range of Magnus riflescopes at IWA Outdoor Classics 2016 in Nürnberg. They impress with proven optical and mechanical systems and innovative details such as turret scale zeroing without tools and reticles with optimised dot coverage.
- 03/04/2016 New Leica Digiscoping Objective Lens Leica Camera AG has added a new accessory to the digiscoping equipment programme: the Leica Digiscoping Lens. The 35 mm lens is suitable for all cameras with interchangeable lenses, and its perfect interaction with Leica spotting scopes guarantees its users impressive pictures in breathtaking quality.
- 02/25/2016 HUAWEI and Leica Camera announce long-term technology partnership for the reinvention of smartphone photography Today HUAWEI Consumer Business Group (BG) and Leica Camera AG are delighted to announce the start of a strategic partnership, a co-operation with shared premium ambitions and spirit, which will see both technology and photography brands combining their shared ethos in a long-term commitment to the art of craftsmanship, meticulous engineering and the spirit of winning collaboration, to create a powerhouse in the reinvention of smartphone photography.
- 02/04/2016 LEICA T: New firmware update 1.5 enables users to set up their own camera hotspot for wireless transfer of pictures with the Leica T app A new firmware update for the Leica T is now available from Leica Camera AG. Customers can now download firmware version 1.5 from the Leica website – www.leica-camera.com – and update their camera system. Alternatively, any Leica Store will be pleased to update the firmware free of charge and offer comprehensive advice about the use of the camera.
- 02/03/2016 Leica presents the Ultravid Edition Hermès Leica’s tradition of excellence in Sports Optics began 111 years ago with the development of the first pair of binoculars. To mark this milestone in the history of Leica, the company has joined forces with expert leather maker, Hermès, to create a new limited edition pair of the Ultravid binoculars.
- 01/28/2016 Leica Camera AG announces management change at Leica Switzerland Olivier Bachmann, managing director of Leica Camera AG, Nidau (Switzerland), has decided to leave the company on 31 March 2016 to turn his attention to new professional challenges. He will be succeeded by Gülten Baumann, who assumes this position on 1 April 2016. She will be assuming her new function as managing director of Leica Camera AG, Nidau (Switzerland) parallel to maintaining her current position as director of Perrot Image SA.
- 01/21/2016 Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2016 The international photographic competition for professional photographers and up-and coming photographers under the age of 25, continues its rich tradition in its 36th year with numerous new features and significantly more attractive prizes for the winners. The winners of this year’s ‘Leica Oskar Barnack Awards’ will be honoured in the course of an official prize-giving ceremony that will be held in Germany again for the first time in many years. What is more, the cash value of the prize for the winner of the category ‘Newcomer Award’ has been doubled to a total of 10,000 euros and, for the first time, the work of ten further entrants will be honoured.
- 01/20/2016 Leica X-U – the new outdoor camera guarantees uncompromising picture quality under even the harshest conditions Leica Camera AG expands its range of cameras with the first ruggedised model conceived especially for outdoor use – the Leica X-U. With a fast Leica Summilux 23 mm f/1.7 ASPH. lens (equivalent to 35 millimetres in 35-mm format) with an underwater protection filter and large APS-C format CMOS sensor, the latest, fully-waterproofed member of the Leica X family guarantees pictures with exceptional brightness and clarity under even the harshest conditions. It even enables breathtaking underwater moments to be captured in perfect detail at depths of up to 15 metres.
- 01/14/2016 New generation of three Leica M-Lenses Leica Camera AG presents three next-generation models of the Leica M Summicron-M 35 mm f/2 ASPH., Leica Summicron-M 28 mm f/2 ASPH. and Leica Elmarit-M 28 mm f/2.8 ASPH. lenses with improved performance profiles: It has been possible to improve the imaging quality of all three by optimisation of their optical design. Another new feature is more robust lens construction: as opposed to the earlier models, all three lenses now feature a full-metal rectangular lens hood with a thread mount and a threaded protection ring for the front the lens when the hood is not attached. The lens cap is now also made of metal.