201610/19/2016 New design option: Leica Q Titanium gray paint finish With the Leica Q Titanium gray paint finish, Leica Camera AG offers an alternative design option for its high-performance, compact camera with a fixed fast prime lens and full-frame sensor. In contrast to the discreet black of the body, lens and leather trim of the standard model of the Leica Q, the new colour option stands out with the titanium-gray paint finish of its top deck, the back of the camera and its baseplate. The combination of the look of precious metal and black elements like the leathering and the lens lend the camera its uniquely refined, premium and simultaneously robust look.
- 10/19/2016 Renaissance of a classic lens: Ultra-compact LEICA SUMMARON-M 28 mm f/5.6 wide-angle lens for unobtrusive reportage photography With the Leica Summaron-M 28 mm f/5.6, Leica expands the lens portfolio of the rangefinder system with the modern renaissance of a classic Leica lens. First introduced as a screw mount lens in 1955, the predecessor of this new lens is still one of the most compact wide-angle lenses in the Leica M-System and is famed for its characteristic signature. The new Summaron-M 28 mm f/5.6 takes its lead from the classically compact construction of its ancestor and brings the unique, analogue look it lends to pictures into the age of digital photography.
Leica Camera AG appoints Jane Cui as President Leica Camera Asia
In the course of the company’s global expansion and the successive expansion of its subsidiaries, Leica Camera AG has now established an additional management level to its organisational structures in the Asia region. In her function as President Leica Camera Asia, Jane Cui will be assuming business responsibility for the markets Greater China and South East Asia with effect from 15 October 2016. She will report to Oliver Kaltner, CEO of Leica Camera AG.
- 10/13/2016 Leica Camera and ONA present an exclusive collection of high-quality, premium camera bags To celebrate the 100th anniversary of the legendary 35 mm camera in 2014, ONA created ‘The Berlin II’, a camera bag designed especially for the Leica M-System. As a follow-up to this collaboration, Leica Camera and ONA have come together again to present ‘ONA FOR LEICA’, a new collection of high quality camera bags. The collection will feature six models crafted by ONA, an American manufacturer of premium camera bags. Each piece will be lined in red and feature a red rivet, a discreet reference to Leica and will be offered exclusively by Leica Camera AG in a range of material and colour combinations.
- 10/12/2016 Special edition Leica M-P ‘grip‘ by Rolf Sachs: legendary rangefinder technology meets creative design In collaboration with artist and photographer Rolf Sachs, Leica Camera AG presents a new special edition in the Leica M-System portfolio – the Leica M-P (Typ 240) ‘grip‘ by Rolf Sachs. The unusual set, consisting of a Leica M-P camera and the fast classic lens Leica Summilux-M 35 mm f/1.4 ASPH., unites legendary rangefinder technology with creative product design. The combination of unusual materials in an eye-catching choice of colour and classic design lends the camera a unique look and makes the Leica M-P ‘grip‘ by Rolf Sachs a true collector’s item. This special edition will strictly be limited to only 79 sets for the worldwide market and will be available exclusively at select Leica Stores from November 2016.
- 10/04/2016 Leica Noctilux: the ‘Light Giants’ have turned 50 – and are as young as ever before! 50 years ago, the first Leica Noctilux lens was presented at photokina 1966 and astounded visitors to the fair and the industry press with its revolutionary optical properties. In the 1960s, photography enjoyed enormous popularity around the world and the demand on high-performance lenses constantly rose, particularly in the ranks of professional and art photographers. As the use of flash was not yet widespread, or even frowned on, the extraordinary specifications of the Noctilux lens attracted almost undivided attention. This lens offered, for those days, a gigantic maximum aperture, but not only that, even wide- open an exceptional optical performance.
- 09/28/2016 Scarlett Coten receives the Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2016 French photographer Scarlett Coten is honoured with the Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2016 for her series of photos entitled ‘Mectoub’. The winner of the Newcomer Award is photographer Clémentine Schneidermann with the photos of her project ‘The Unbearable, the Sadness and the Rest’
- 09/28/2016 Refined quality: Leica presents a collection of premium leather accessories Leica Camera AG presents a new collection of elegant leather accessories. The portfolio comprises a notebook case, three different Smartphone slipcases, two different pen cases and a credit card and business card wallet. Each of the leather accessories is painstakingly crafted and perfectly finished by hand. The use of only the best, finely structured Nappa leather ensures their wonderful looks and a delightful haptic experience. Equally delighting details like subtle contrast stitching in red, the embossed Leica logo on the front and the quality seal ‘Handmade in Germany’ on the back, lend each item the perfect finishing touches.
- 09/23/2016 Leica Camera and HUAWEI Establish New R&D Center HUAWEI and Leica Camera AG today announced they have expanded their strategic collaboration with the establishment of a jointly operated research and innovation center, the Max Berek Innovation Lab. The launch comes seven months after the public announcement of their long-term technology partnership in the field of optical engineering, and five months after the launch of the globally successful, multiple-award winning HUAWEI P9 and P9 Plus smartphones.
- 09/21/2016 Leica Camera AG and Socionext Europe continue their long-standing collaboration with a focus on next generation System-on-Chip (SoC) solutions Leica Camera AG and Socionext Europe (SNEU) have signed a confirmation of good cooperation for the continuation of their long-standing and successful collaboration. The focus of the partnership will be set on the ongoing development of next generation System-on-Chip (SoC) solutions.